Codify is an iPad app that lets you create iPad apps. It's no typical code editor, however; Codify takes advantage of the iPad's multitouch and let's you manipulate your code by tapping numbers, colors, and images to adjust them.
There is one little issue with Codify - you cannot import or export code which means that your creations will be restricted to just the app. Despite this, Codify looks like a fantastic simulator, and even if you don't know how to code, I recommend checking out the video below. Seeing the app in action is pretty interesting.
We think Codify is the most beautiful code editor you'll use, and it's easy. Codify is designed to let you touch your code. Want to change a number? Just tap and drag it. How about a color, or an image? Tapping will bring up visual editors that let you choose exactly what you want.
- A full featured vector graphics and image renderer lets you prototype what you can imagine
- Lots of fantastic example projects to learn from, including games and simulations
- Generate random retro-game sound effects to use in your creations
- Touch your code: tap numbers, colors and images to adjust them
- Complete in-line reference documentation accessible from the keyboard
- Intelligent auto-completion suggests keywords and functions
- Add parameters to your simulation or game interface so you can tweak variables at runtime
- Interact with the accelerometer and multi touch on your device
- Codify renders your code with beautiful syntax highlighting
Codify is available on the iPad for $7.99.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.