What you need to know
- National Geographic has announced a new subscription bundle that includes Disney+.
- National Geographic Premium and Disney+ can be had for $10.99 per month.
Fans of Star Wars and nature can now get one subscription to cover both interests after National Geographic and Disney+ announced a new collab. You didn't see that one coming, did you?
The snappily-named 'National Geographic Premium with Disney+' subscription will be offered exclusively in the United States and will get you access to all of your favorite Disney+ movies, TV shows, and documentaries alongside a plethora of Nat Geo content. That includes print and digital stuff, too.
The full rundown of what the new subscription includes is lengthy. Here goes:
- Disney+, including documentaries and shows from National Geographic only on Disney+
- Exclusive content and access to natgeo.com, Nat Geo app, and full online archive
- Curated weekly subscriber newsletter featuring National Geographic's best stories
- Annual subscribers will get 10 print issues of the National Geographic magazine per calendar year
- NGKids publishes monthly, except the combined June/July and Dec/Jan issues
- Special subscriber price for additional print subs (History, Nat Geo Kids, & Nat Geo Little Kids
- Special annual issue of the National Geographic magazine "Year In Pictures" issue (if subscribed in December, or if issue is unavailable, an item of greater or equal value)
- Plus subscriber-only benefits such as exclusive events and discounts
Getting all of that will cost a subscription "starting at $10.99 per month" with an annual option available, and people can sign up on the Nat Geo website.
While perhaps not for everyone, this will surely be the best option for people who already wanted to avail themselves of both sets of content and now don't need to pay separately. I still think that Apple TV+ is the best Apple TV streaming service around, but that's only because Disney+ doesn't have Severance!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.