Instacast, a podcast subscription manager, has received a big update that includes many new features such as AirPlay support, chapter lists, continuous playback, and optimized UI elements. Alas, Instacast no longer supports iOS 3.
- Dropped support for iOS 3
- Added Download Waiting List
- Added resuming downloads after connection loss
- Added putting downloads on waiting list when switching from WiFi to 3G and 3G not enabled
- Added chapter lists if available
- Improved scrubbing and seeking
- Added cloud based image scaling service
- Added continuous playback
- Optimized some user interface elements
- Added Video AirPlay support to enhanced podcast player
- Removed option for System Player
- Added new sort options to episode lists
- Made Replay after Pause optional
- Added sending websites to Instapaper and ReadItLater
- Made Auto-Cache optional for audio and video separately
- Added Auto-Clear option when a new episode is loaded (now default)
UPDATE: Instacast has blogged about their iOS 5 roadmap. In the short term, iOS 5 users should stick with Instacast 1.2.2, but things should be in order by the time iOS 5 ships. [Instacast blog]
If you pick this one up, let us know what you think! Check out the screenshots after the break.
[$1.99 - iTunes link]
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.