Final Fantasy III, which debuted in 1990, has just hit the App Store and is now available for iPhone and iPod touch (or pixel doubled on iPad if you really have to) for... $15.99. It features:
- New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences exclusive to the iPhone/iPod touch
- Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to Square Enix's iPhone RPGs
- Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game records
- New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards
- Retina Display compatible
Now Finally Fantasy III is absolutely a classic that you can spend ours of your day (and night!) on, but $16 is much more expensive than pretty much any other iPhone game I can remember. Is this just a temporary price point aimed to make money off the biggest fans and early adopters or is Square trying to see if they can push iOS prices higher and more in line with portable gaming console prices?
Some of you tell us you want better games and don't mind paying a higher price, so is this what you had in mind? If so and you grab it let us know what you think of the game. If not, let us know what you think of the price!