DataVault Password Manager for iPhone, iPad updated with advanced sync, backup, more
Ascendo's DataVault Password Manager, a universal app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad has just received a gigantic, Fort Knox-style update. It already stored all your web logins and credit card and bank account info with power and style but now adds the advanced sync and backup features to match.
I had the chance to check out DataVault during the beta phase and couldn't find a chink in its armor. It has all the security features an expert needs while still being simple and accessible to someone just getting into security apps for the first time. With optional Windows and Mac desktop clients, if you're still looking for the perfect mobile password manager, checkout Data
Full updated list and screenshots after the break. If you're using it or decide to check it out, let us know what you think!
[$9.99 - iTunes link]
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault desktops using Mobile Me.
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault desktops using other WebDav servers; Box.net, Swissdisk.com, Gmx.net, MyDisk.se, MyDrive.ch
- Added Backup & restore using application file sharing (iOS 3.2 or above). Allows user to make multiple, dated backups and move them to & from desktop using iTunes.
- Added support for multi-tasking in iOS 4 allowing users to switch to another application, copy & paste DataVault contents, then switch back to DataVault without having to login.
- Improved timeout to support iOS4 multi-tasking. Please Note: Exiting and restarting DataVault will only require logging in if the inactivity delay has been exceeded.
- Implemented split-panel view on iPad. Displays list or tree of items on the left of screen and item details on the right.
- Implemented search settings to include field labels, field contents and memo field in addition to item name. User-defined for search performance optimization.
- Added user-defined setting for case sensitive search.
- Implemented security alert to send email with GPS location of device in case of failed login attempt.
- Improved in-app browsing of online user guide to include standard browser features like pinch & expand page.
- Added "Select Template" alert when user creates a new item.
- Improved auto-lock security setting so user can quit DataVault and return before end of inactivity delay without have to login.
- Added user setting to choose between 2D or 3D folders for tree display.
- Fixed issue causing list/tree not to appear if user selects wrong synchronization service.
- Corrected security timeout issue causing timeout to remain active after being disabled.
- Improved display of long notes.
- Added "DataVault" to Wi-Fi synchronization service header to make it easier for user to select the right service.
- Enhanced navigation to include improved sync server selection, better keyboard management, iPad button placement and tree display.
- Improved graphics including application icon and launch screen for iPhone 4, improvements to themes.
- Addition improvements including increasing the size of help text, caps lock management, removing references to pasteboard, ability to Cancel sync from device.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]