GarageBand now available in App Store
Apple has released GarageBand for iPad today. Create music with virtual instruments, or plug in your own and record, edit, and share your music.
Play your iPad like a musical instrument.
- Perform on dozens of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard.
- Tap out beats from the seat of acoustic and electronic drum kits.
- Recreate legendary guitar rigs on your iPad with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects.
- Record your voice using the built-in microphone, and apply fun sound effects.
- Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard.
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments.
- Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard.
- Strum chords on acoustic and electric Smart Guitars, or trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords.
- Groove with an onscreen electric or upright Smart Bass by tapping on chords.
- Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with the Smart Drums.
Create a song anywhere you go.
- Arrange and mix your song with up to eight tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops.
- Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play.
- Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume – solo or mute any track, or adjust pan, reverb, and echo.
- Use over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song.
Share your songs.
- Email songs right from your iPad (AAC).
- Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC.
- Send a project to your Mac and open it in GarageBand to continue refining your song.
If you pick this one up, let us know what you think!
[$4.99 - iTunes link, thanks @MrJR84 for the tip!]
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!