How to disable Touch ID for iTunes and App Store purchases
Touch ID is a super convenient way to unlock your iPhone 5s while keeping it secure at the same time. You can also use it to make App Store and iTunes purchases by default. However, if you've registered other family member's prints and you don't want them to be able to buy things on your account, or if you're just not comfortable with Touch ID purchases, you turn off iTunes purchases and not have to worry about it.
How to turn off Touch ID for iTunes and App Store purchases on the iPhone 5s
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
- Type in your passcode when prompted.
- Under the Use Touch ID For section, turn Off the option for iTunes and App Store.
How to get more help with Touch ID
- How Touch ID works: Making sense of Apple's fingerprint identity sensor
- How to secure your iPhone with Touch ID
- How to properly label your Touch ID fingerprints
- How to remove fingerprints from Touch ID on your iPhone
- How to turn off Touch ID for the Lock screen and revert to a passcode or password
- How to disable Touch ID for iTunes and App Store purchases
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!