The Apple TV interface is overflowing with channel icons and it can make finding your favorites, the ones you actually want to watch, into a chore. So, what if you want Netflix and HBO Go but not NBA or MLB, or vice versa? Easy! You can hide channel icons right from the main menu, or toggle them on or off right from settings!
- How to hide channels on your Apple TV right from the main menu
- How to hide or unhide channels on your Apple TV through the Settings menu
- Go to the icon you want to hide on your Apple TV and hold down the Select button on your remote.
- Once it starts jiggling, let go of the Select button and now press Play/Pause.
- From the popup menu, choose Hide This Item.
- From the main menu of your Apple TV, click on Settings.
- Now click on Main Menu.
- Click on the channels you want to hide in order to toggle them.
Have you hidden any channels on your Apple TV? Let me know, and let me know which ones!
How to get more help with your Apple TV
If you need any additional help or have specific questions check out our Apple TV Forum!
- How to automatically set up your Apple TV using an iPhone or iPad
- How to manually set up your Apple TV using the hardware remote
- How to use VoiceOver on your Apple TV
- How to pair an Apple remote with your Apple TV
- How to use shortcuts on your Apple TV remote
- How to access the chapter menu on the Apple TV
- How to control your Apple TV with the Remote app for iPhone or iPad
- How to control your Apple TV with your Apple Watch
- How to pair and control your Apple TV with a Bluetooth Keyboard
- How to hide channels on your Apple TV main menu
- How to AirPlay video from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV
- How to use Control Center to AirPlay videos to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your Mac screen to your Apple TV
- How to watch iTunes Extras on your Apple TV
- How to use Home Sharing to access your iTunes library on your Apple TV
- How to manually check for software updates on an Apple TV
- How to fix a glitchy Apple TV by restoring it to factory settings
- How to fix a bricked Apple TV by restoring it with iTunes