AirPlay Mirroring lets you wirelessly beam whatever you're viewing on your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV. Whether you're using a dumb network TV app that doesn't include built-in AirPlay or just want to game on your big screen HDTV, AirPlay Mirroring lets you share almost anything and everything in just a few taps.
How to beam content from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV with AirPlay Mirroring
- Swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen on your iPhone or iPad in order to launch Control Center.
- Tap on AirPlay.
- Select the Apple TV you'd like to mirror to by tapping on its name.
- Turn the Mirroring option to On.
- Continue using your iPhone or iPad as usual while it's shown on the Apple TV. When you're done, just follow these directions again to disable AirPlay Mirroring.
AirPlay Mirroring should work just fine with most newer devices but the minimum requirements are as follows:
- Apple TV: 2nd or 3rd generation
- iPhone: iPhone 4s or newer
- iPad: iPad 2 or newer
- iPod: iPod touch 5th generation or newer
How to get more help with your Apple TV
If you need any additional help or have specific questions check out our Apple TV Forum!
- How to automatically set up your Apple TV using an iPhone or iPad
- How to manually set up your Apple TV using the hardware remote
- How to use VoiceOver on your Apple TV
- How to pair an Apple remote with your Apple TV
- How to use shortcuts on your Apple TV remote
- How to access the chapter menu on the Apple TV
- How to control your Apple TV with the Remote app for iPhone or iPad
- How to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your Apple TV
- How to hide channels on your Apple TV main menu
- How to AirPlay video from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV
- How to use Control Center to AirPlay videos to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your Mac screen to your Apple TV
- How to watch iTunes Extras on your Apple TV
- How to use Home Sharing to access your iTunes library on your Apple TV
- How to manually check for software updates on an Apple TV
- How to fix a glitchy Apple TV by restoring it to factory settings
- How to fix a bricked Apple TV by restoring it with iTunes