How to personalize your listening experience with iTunes Radio
iTunes Radio is a great way to discover and enjoy music on the go with iPhone and iPad, or when you're in the office using iTunes. Even though you can always choose from featured stations that are constantly changing, it's always more fun to create your own stations. While how to create a station in iTunes Radio is obvious, a lot of people don't realize you can further personalize stations to suit your exact tastes and listening preferences. Here's how:
- Launch the Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Radio in the bottom navigation.
- Under the My Stations section, tap New or Edit depending on if you want to add to an existing station you've created or create a new one.
- If you're creating a new station, go ahead and pick the first artist or genre you want it to be based on and save it. Then from the screen in step 3, tap on Edit.
- Tap into the station you'd like to add things to.
- Under the Play More Like This section, simply add more artists, genres, or specific songs. Alternately, you can also go to the Never Play This section and add things you don't ever want to hear.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Click on the iTunes Radio tab at the top of your music library.
- Either choose an existing station or create a new one under the My Stations section.
- Now click on the station you'd like to edit anywhere outside of the Play button in order to expand the information about it.
- All you have to do now is add more artists to the Play more like this or Never play this sections.
That's all there is to it! iTunes Radio remembers your preference the minute you save the station and syncs them across all devices with your iCloud account. I do this occasionally in order to tweak what iTunes Radio plays. If I find it repeating songs, I may go in and add another artist to add more variety, or remove something I'm tired of.
If you've used this feature, how has it worked for you so far? Be sure to let us know!