Touch ID lets you quickly and easily unlock your iPhone 5s and make iTunes purchases simply by placing your finger on the Home button. It's even a great way to temporarily give someone access to your iPhone without having to give them your passcode. Whether it's a co-worker on a trip, a family member who's visiting, or just someone you want to show off to, you can add and remove fingerprint whenever you like. Also, if a fingerprint becomes glitchy, you can remove it and redo it. That's because deleting Touch ID fingerprints is even easier than adding them!
How to delete a fingerprint from Touch ID
- Launch the Settings app on your Touch ID capable device.
- Scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
- Type in your passcode when prompted.
- Now tap on the fingerprint you'd like to remove. Try renaming them in the future in order to make figuring out which ones are which easier, if you haven't already.
- Now just tap on Delete Fingerprint.
That's it. Just delete each print you don't want in the same manner. Then start over with Touch ID again.
How to get more help with Touch ID
- How Touch ID works: Making sense of Apple's fingerprint identity sensor
- How to secure your iPhone with Touch ID
- How to properly label your Touch ID fingerprints
- How to remove fingerprints from Touch ID on your iPhone
- How to turn off Touch ID for the Lock screen and revert to a passcode or password
- How to disable Touch ID for iTunes and App Store purchases