Ever wish you could take a video from your iPhone or iPad and watch it on your big screen TV? Well, with AirPlay and an Apple TV you can! Many apps have built-in AirPlay buttons but, sadly, they're often in different shapes, sizes, and places. Luckily, Control Center has an AirPlay button as well. That makes it easy to find and easy to use!
How to use Control Center to turn on AirPlay
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on your iPhone or iPad to reveal Control Center.
- Tap on AirPlay.
- Choose your Apple TV. If you don't see it, make sure your Apple TV and iPhone or iPad are on the same wireless network.
- Swipe down to close out Control Center.
Any video that supports AirPlay should now appear on your Apple TV.
How to get more help with your Apple TV
If you need any additional help or have specific questions check out our Apple TV Forum!
- How to automatically set up your Apple TV using an iPhone or iPad
- How to manually set up your Apple TV using the hardware remote
- How to use VoiceOver on your Apple TV
- How to pair an Apple remote with your Apple TV
- How to use shortcuts on your Apple TV remote
- How to access the chapter menu on the Apple TV
- How to control your Apple TV with the Remote app for iPhone or iPad
- How to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your Apple TV
- How to hide channels on your Apple TV main menu
- How to AirPlay video from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV
- How to use Control Center to AirPlay videos to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your Mac screen to your Apple TV
- How to watch iTunes Extras on your Apple TV
- How to use Home Sharing to access your iTunes library on your Apple TV
- How to manually check for software updates on an Apple TV
- How to fix a glitchy Apple TV by restoring it to factory settings
- How to fix a bricked Apple TV by restoring it with iTunes