The BBC has now made its global BBC iPlayer app available in Canada following successful launches in eleven other countries earlier in the year. There is still no sign of the app hitting the U.S. App Store but it can’t be too far away now.
Watch a selection of the best classic and contemporary British shows on demand, including Doctor Who, Top Gear and Gavin & Stacey. Download the app and explore plus enjoy free clips and taster episodes. Subscribe today for unlimited access - even when you're offline.
- Comedy - laugh out loud with comedy from The Office, Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, Little Britain, Gavin and Stacey and The Mighty Boosh and explore classic British humour with Fawlty Towers, Absolutely Fabulous and Only Fools and Horses.
- Drama - be transported out of this world with Doctor Who, immerse yourself in the period drama of Cranford and Pride and Prejudice, be gripped by the fast-paced contemporary action of Spooks(MI-5) and stirred by powerful drama Occupation.
- Science & Nature - immerse yourself in inspiring series like David Attenborough’s The Life of Birds and Walking with Dinosaurs and get up close and personal with Chimpanzee Diary and James May at the Edge of Space.
- Family & Kids - keep the kids entertained for hours with our wide range of fun and educational shows, from Junior Masterchef to Balamory, MI High and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- News Specials & Documentary - get the latest current affairs and analysis with Panorama and Newsnight and be stimulated by thought-provoking documentaries like Obama’s America and This World: Madoff Hustle.
- Music & Culture – be inspired by exquisite works of art and fantastic music. Journey Around the World in 80 Treasures, get the best seat in the house with performances from Robbie Williams, Blur and Jamie Cullum and discover John Lennon’s transition from Beatle to solo artist in biographical drama Lennon Naked.
- Collections - a compelling mix of programmes and clips that take you on a journey into the BBC's rich archive as far back as the very first Doctor Who, William Hartnell, in 1963.
The BBC iPlayer Global app is an on-demand service rather than a catch-up service and will carry content from the previous month as well as a back catalogue of programs stretching back up to 60 years. It will also allow downloading of content directly to the iPad as well as access over 3G.
The app is free to download but you will need to subscribe to the service which costs $8.99 a month or $84.99 a year.
Have an app you’d love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we’ll take a look.
[gallery link="file" order="DESC" orderby="title"]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
Pick the best Eufy RoboVac for you with our handy guide
Eufy makes some pretty compelling robotic vacuums and there are a lot to choose from. With a vast difference between the lower end, more affordable models and the smarter, connected, high end options, there are many factors to consider when deciding which model would be best for your household. We have compared the best of Eufy's RoboVac range here so you can find the right one for you.