Facebook's Slingshot gets a revamp for version 2.0
It appears that Facebook isn't ready to give up on its Snapchat competitor yet. The company announced version 2.0 of its Slingshot app today, which heralds a complete redesign of the way it works. The app essentially now works like Snapchat's 'stories' feature, with photos sticking around for 24 hours. The twist is that users can choose to respond to individuals photos from the story.
The full feature list for version 2.0 is as follows:
- Quickly shoot and share moments throughout your day
- Get creative with filters, drawings and emojis
- Shots stick around for 24 hours or until they're swiped away
- Reply to any shot with a private photo or video reaction
- Connect with friends and follow awesome people around the world
- Turn on instant notifications to never miss a moment from your favorite people
- Relive your day and share your favorite shots out to other apps
In a blog post announcing the revamped Slingshot, Facebook noted that the changes were in response to feedback sent in since the initial launch of the app. To that end, the company says that it sought to simplify the experience:
If you want to check out the revamped Slingshot, feel free to grab it via the App Store link below.
- Free - Download
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
By Tammy Rogers
By Kevin Lynch