First Star Wars: Uprising gameplay trailer is full of blasters and Force powers
Game developer and publisher Kabam first announced its plans to release Star Wars: Uprising for mobile devices earlier this year. Now it has posted the first gameplay footage from the upcoming role playing game, which takes place in between Return of the Jedi and the upcoming seventh Star Wars movie The Force Awakens.
The early alpha footage from the top-down role playing game shows characters battling the evil forces of the Galactic Empire with conventional blasters along with what looks like Force powers. It also shows a bit of the character selection interface as well. Here's Kabam's official description of the game.
- Create the Hero the Galaxy Needs - Choose from a wide range of special skills, species, visual customizations and classic Star Wars gear to become the next Han Solo, Boba Fett or entirely unique hero of your own design.
- Shape the Future of the Game Universe - Join players worldwide in massive sector-wide battles to dictate the expansion of in-game content, including new planets, exclusive gear and unique crew members.
- A New Chapter in Star Wars - Play the first mobile game in the Star Wars universe that takes place between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Real-Time Co-op Against the Empire - Explore the secrets of the sector, build a powerful crew with allies, and play alongside friends in synchronous cooperative play.
- Brave Challenges on Classic and New Worlds - Battle your way through missions on Hoth, Cloud City and more, fighting against powerful bosses led by an ominous new adversary.
Star Wars: Uprising is expected to be released sometime this fall.
Source: Kabam (YouTube)
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
I have been writing professionally about technology and gaming news for 14 years.