Whether you're heading out for a run, hitting the gym, doing rounds, or doing housework, your Apple Watch can hold up to 2 GB of music all on its own. All you have to do is sync a playlist over from your iPhone. The transfer is wireless and best of all, it's easy to do.
How to download a playlist for offline listening
Before you add a playlist to your Apple Watch, you'll want to make sure it's first locally stored on your iPhone.
- Launch the Music app on your iPhone.
- Go to the playlist you want to download.
- Tap the More button (looks like •••) to the right of the music.
- Tap on Make Available Offline
- The playlist and its included songs should immediately begin downloading to your device; you can see their progress by tapping the download bar at the top of the screen. After the playlist is finished downloading, you'll find it in your local playlists.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Music.
- Tap on Synced Playlist.
- Tap on the Playlist you want to sync.
- Connect your Apple Watch to its charger to start the sync process.
Once the playlist syncs over, it'll be available for you to play on your Apple Watch.
- Launch the Music app on your Apple Watch.
- Force Press to bring up the options.
- Tap on Source.
- Tap on Apple Watch.
- Pair your Apple Watch with a Bluetooth headset, if you haven't already.
- Choose the song you want to play, and enjoy!