Once you've started creating reminders and lists to put them in, there may come a time when you don't need one of those lists anymore. Perhaps you set up a list for a specific project that is now over or you don't need a shared list with a colleague anymore. Instead of leaving a list you don't intend on using anymore within the Reminders app, you can just as easily delete it.
- Launch the Reminders app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Menu button in the upper left hand corner on your iPhone. If you have an iPad, tap the Edit button in the upper left hand corner.
- On the iPhone, now tap on the Edit button in the upper right hand corner. On the iPad, you'll already be in the edit menu.
- You'll now see a delete button appear to the left of each list name. Tap on the one next to the list you'd like to delete.
- You'll now see a Delete option appear to the right of the list. Tap on it to confirm the delete.
We advise you to use caution when completely deleting lists from Reminders if they are shared lists as you will also be removing them from anyone else's devices if you are the one that created them initially.
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.
Are you trolling with these articles about the Reminders app? You can't be seriously thinking people need instructions on how to delete a list. You simply can't.
I totally agree. These articles are just to basic for most of the iMore population. This really makes no sense.
Please, stop publishing such basic stuff!
If you have no inspiration, it would be better not to write anything.
My reminders app doesn't have that menu button. Just the search box and the little alarm clock any more tips on this??
Mine doesn't either! Exact same. Did you ever resolve it?
Yes there are people in the world that just need a little extra tech help. I figured it out, select a list by tapping the top and then tap edit in the right hand corner. At the bottom of the list it says "delete list" tap that and it goes away. Some things just aren't as user friendly as they could be. Hope this helps for people who are needing a resolution to this.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.