The selection of apps available in the App Store is arguably on of the best things about owning an iPhone or iPad. Aside from buying them for ourselves, we can also gift them to others. So the next time you see an awesome game or productivity app you know someone will love, you can easily gift it to them right from the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad. Here's how!
How to gift an app to someone via the App Store for iPhone and iPad
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the app you'd like to gift to someone.
- Tap on the Share button in the upper right.
- Tap Gift in the share sheet that pops up.
- Fill out their email and type a message if you'd like.
- Tap on Next when you're ready to continue.
- Tap on the gift card theme you'd like to use and tap Next.
- Confirm everything is correct on the next screen and tap Buy in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap Buy Now which will appear where the Buy button you just tapped will appear.
- Type in your iTunes password when prompted to complete the purchase.
- You will see a confirmation appear on the screen. Just tap Done in the upper right hand corner.
That's it! The person you sent the gift to will receive an email with instructions on how to redeem their app gift!
Note: Originally published, December 2012. Updated, December 2014.
Photos reveal stunning new Apple Store in Beijing, opening soon
Photos have shown off Apple's stunning new Sanlitun store, which will replace Apple's first-ever store in China.
iPhone 12 120Hz decision hangs in the balance, says report
EverythingApplePro, noting Max Weinbach and internal sources, claims the decision to include 120Hz in the iPhone 12 has been pushed back following a series of failed tests.
13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Apple Silicon to enter production Q4 2020
Ming-Chi Kuo claims that Apple's first Apple Silicon Macbook, a 13.3-inch MacBook Pro will enter production in Q4 of 2020. Apple has previously stated it would release the first Apple Silicon-based Mac by the end of this year.
Leave your wallet at home with these great cases for your iPhone 8
You likely carry your iPhone 8 around with you everywhere you go, but it can take up room in your pockets, bags, or purse that you may need for other items. Don't carry your wallet and iPhone 8 around with you everywhere, you can combine them with a great wallet case and save on space!