Complete guide to Jailbreaking iPhone, iPod touch, and original iPad running iOS 4.3.3 with redsn0w
The iOS 4.3.3 untethered Jailbreak for iPhone, iPod touch, and original iPad has just gone live... and once again it's the same exploit and the same process as iOS 4.3.1 and iOS 4.3.2. That's right, three-peat! So here's your updated redsn0w Jailbreak walkthrough, just to get you going as fast as possible
Important: iPad 2 is still not supported. Likewise, if you've got a Verizon iPhone you'll want to wait for our updated Verizon iPhone iOS 4.3.3 guide.
Important: If you want to preserve your unlock, DO NOT USE THIS METHOD. To maintain your baseband, you'll need to create a custom IPSW and pwnagetool. Check out our TiPb jailbreak forum for more.
UPDATE: redsn0w has been updated to rc16 to fix an issue with the side ringer/vibration switch. The process remains the same, but we've updated the link to redsn0w below.
Hit the jump for a complete how-to!
What you need
- iTunes 10.2.2 or higher
- redsn0w for Windows or Mac OS X
- iOS 4.3.3 (liPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw) located in: *Windows XP: Documents and Settings[User]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes[Device] Software Updates *Windows Vista/7: Users[User]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates *Mac OS X: [User]/Library/iTunes/[Device] Software Updates/
- If you don't care about Unlocking, update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS 4.3.3 via iTunes. (If you're not sure, here's how to update.)
- Next, you will need to download redsn0w via the link above
- Next, you will need to go grab the appropriate iOS firmware for your device. (Located in the directory listed above)
- Once you have downloaded the correct firmware and redsn0w, you are now ready to jailbreak.
- After you launch redsn0w, you will be asked to browse and choose the custom firmware you downloaded in the previous step.
- redsn0w will process the firmware...
- ...and let you know when it's good to go
- Next you'll choose to install Cydia
- And then redsn0w will walk you through placing your device in DFU mode. Just make sure you start this process with your device OFF.
- Let your device do its thing and you're done!
For a complete walk-through, check out the video tutorial above. It's for iOS 4.3.1 but as we said at the beginning, this is the exact same process. If you aren't sure whether or not you want to take a jump to the dark side, check out our complete jailbreak basics guide first!
Questions? Concerns? Did you encounter any problems during your jailbreak? Let us know in the comments or check out the TiPb jailbreak forum!