If you've been waiting for a iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak you're in luck. Greepois0n Absinthe 2.0 was just released and you can now enjoy an untethered jailbreak on your iPhone 4S, new iPad, and several other iOS devices. If you've never used Greenpois0n before, that's okay. Hit the jump for a walkthrough!
Back up your data
Before running any jailbreak tool you should always back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch just in case something goes wrong. So make sure you have either a recent iCloud backup or iTunes backup before proceeding to the actual jailbreak process. If you aren't sure how to perform a backup, you can check out our guides:
Update to iOS 5.1.1
You can either update your software via an OTA software update or via iTunes if you haven't already updated to iOS 5.1.1.
- How to update your iOS software over the air (requires iOS 5 or higher)
- How to update your iOS software via iTunes
Jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- First download Greenpois0n Absinthe
2.02.0.1 to your computer from our downloads section. It is available for Mac, PC, and Linux.
- Next, install the program and open Absinthe with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch plugged into your computer.
- Click the Jailbreak button to begin the process.
- This process may take a while to complete so you'll have to be a little patient. Mine took about 6 minutes total. Your device may say Restore in Progress, that's okay.
- When you see the message Done, enjoy! on your computer you can go ahead and unplug your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- You're done! Cydia will be on your Home screen and you're good to go!
If you've never jailbroken before, this is a super easy tool to start with. If you have jailbroken before, you'll appreciate how easy this one is compared to previous tools. If you do happen to run into problems or need help, check out our jailbreak help and discussion forums via the link below.
- Best jailbreak apps for new iPhone users
- IntelliscreenX vs LockInfo: which should you get?
- Messages+ vs BiteSMS:which should you use?
- iMore jailbreak help & discussion forums
Get the Aviary Twitter app for just $1.99, today only!
You haven't lived until you've used a third-party Twitter app like Aviary. You want to live, don't you?
Apple's Black Friday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Which AirPods should you buy on Black Friday?
Thinking of buying AirPods for Black Friday but can't decide which ones you should get? I've got some advice that should help you decide.
Need a clicker for your Apple TV? Here are the best
Whether you hate the Siri Remote, lost your old one, or just scouting out the market, here are our favorite remotes to control your Apple TV.