Monument Valley, from the London-based team ustwo, won the prize during a ceremony held as part of the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Over 1,000 games were submitted for consideration in the various categories. With the exception of the People's Choice Award, the winners are selected by a group of judges that come from both the game development and journalism industries.
Here are the other winners in the 11th annual International Mobile Gaming Awards:
- Excellence in Innovation — Bounden
- Best Quickplay Game — Crossy Road
- Guilty Pleasure — 2048
- Best Meaningful Play — Papers, Please
- Excellence in Storytelling — 80 Days
- Excellence in Gameplay — Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Best Technical Achievement — Vainglory
- Excellence in Audio Visual Art & Design — Tengami
- Best Multiplayer Game — Soccer Physics
- Best Upcoming Game — Prune
- Honorable Mention — Threes!
- People's Choice — Vainglory