Every day dozens and dozens of new and updated apps and games hit the iOS and Mac App Stores. It's impossible to keep up with them all, but it's not impossible to pick out the very best. Today we've got updates to a popular iOS writing app, something to help you grab a taxi and one of the Mac's finest Twitter clients. Let's take a look!
New and updated iOS apps
- Byword: A whole bunch of new keyboard shortcuts and better auto-capitalization in Markdown for this popular iPhone and iPad writing app. : $4.99 - Download Now
- Hailo: Grab a taxi in selected cities around the world and try out a "few new features that some of you may notice." Cryptic! Free - Download Now
- Citymapper: A great public transit app for London, New York, Paris and Berlin now offers the facility of an account to personalize and sync your data across devices. Free - Download Now
- Medium: The blogging platform releases its first iOS app to read content, not to write. Free - Download Now
- Next for iPad: Next for iPad is a new way to track your expenses, letting you zoom in on different data points to get a better look at how you spend your money. You can also export your data to Excel or Numbers, backup with email, Airdrop or iMessage, and sync to the iPhone version via iCloud. $1.99 - Download Now
- Command-C: This clipboard-sharing app has been updated with the ability to view clipboard history and previews, the ability to sort or rename your devices, and improved reliability and performance. $3.99 - Download Now
New and updated Mac apps
- Tweetbot: One of the premiere Twitter apps for Mac gets some new gesture control, design refreshes and fixes. $19.99 - Download Now
- Command-C: The Mac version of the clipboard-sharing app has been updated with the ability to share clipboards between Macs, view clipboard history and previews, the ability to sort or rename your devices, and improved reliability and performance. Free - Download Now
More apps and updates?
If you try any of the apps or updates, let me know how they work for you. If you got any new or updated apps today that you loved, but don't see here, let us know about them!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Apple CEO Tim Cook says global tax 'needs to be rehauled'
Tim Cook was speaking in Ireland, the country Apple has been accused of using as a way to avoid paying tax elsewhere.
Tim Cook and Apple commemorate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and both Apple and its CEO are commemorating.
Don't lose important data on your Mac, make sure to back it up!
One of the most important things you should be doing with your Mac is backing up all of its data. Here are some of our favorite solutions for backing up your most important files, should anything ever happen.