Volvo's 2015.5 lineup has standard features that can be controlled by your phone
Volvo (volvocars.com), the Swedish automaker, has just announced that their new 2015 models will include the company's Sensus connectivity and infotainment system as standard. This includes the 2015.5 Volvo S60, V60, XC60, S80, and XC70.
Volvo's Sensus Connect system includes smartphone connectivity through a free app called Volvo On Call. It's available on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. What can you do with app? Let's take a look at the features.
- See vehicle dashboard values, such as fuel level, trip meters, and more.
- Control your engine block heater, if your car is equipped with a fuel-driven engine block heater.
- Locate your car on a map or using the car's horn and direction indicators.
- Lock and unlock the vehicle.
- Request roadside assistance from the app.
- Keep an electronic driving journal that will create trip reports for every trip made with the vehicle.
Even if you do not currently have a Volvo car, you can still install their app and use it in demonstration mode. It lets you preview some of the features being offered.
We can see this app being really handy in the winter. You can start the car and heater already while you're just about to leave work. The honk and flash feature is also handy when you can't find your car in a massive parking lot. You'll also be alerted if something needs to be fixed, for example, if a bulb is broken or washer fluid is low.
The Volvo on Call app is a free download from App Store, Google Play, and the Windows Phone Store. It has been available since 2012, but more Volvo owners will be able to use it after the recent announcement of 2015.5 models featuring the Sensus Connect system as standard.
Is this a cool feature? Would you want to be able to control some of the settings in your car from your smartphone? Sound off in the comments!
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
But first, let me take a selfie.