Waze just picked up an update to version 3.9 that sees the addition of a new feature called Places, through which users will be able to add and edit information about local businesses, residences and other points of interest.
Here's what you can do with Places:
- After navigating to a destination, you can take a photo of the place, helping other Wazers identify it regardless of time or season.
- You can instantly edit and update details about businesses, residential places and more ensuring they are fresh and up to date. Every contribution counts, big or small. Missing information can always be added by other users - that's the beauty of working together as a community!
- You can add driver-centric info, like parking options and availability.
- Easily add places straight from the 'Report' menu.
Other additions in today's update include:
- Add driving related info like if a place has a parking lot or drive-thru
- Add arrival photos to help others find a place at any time
- Drive with Waze until you park: your parking location will be saved automatically. Plus, Waze will learn where to find parking and how much time to account
- Search autocomplete now worldwide
- Bug fixes
Go ahead and download the update, and let us know what you think of Places.
- Waze - Free - Download Now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.