Georgia and Return talk about nutrition. And phasers. Okay, mostly nutrition. Why it's important, how you can get the fuel you need even while living a fast-paced, tech-filled life, and some tips, tricks, and picks on how to eat and feel better.
Read on for the show notes!
Bad nutritional habits
- Skipping breakfast
- Eating everything on your plate.
- Eating on the run or while you work
- Gulping down your food and eating too much
- Not enough veggies
- Forgetting to eat because you're working or playing too much on your gadgets!
- Too much Caffine, Salt, Preservatives, Simple Sugars, Unhealthy Fats
Tricks for better nutrition
- Buy convenient, pre-cut fruit and vegetables and put them in front of you so you snack on them
- Stop eating when you're full and put leftovers in the fridge or freezer for later
- Don't buy junk food, that way you can't eat it
- Don't deny yourself treats, just focus on good ones and have them in moderation
- Get out your favorite note taking app or your pen and journal and write down what you eat every day, and how you feel after eating it. Do you feel sleepy, lethargic, bloated, grumpy... or do you feel light, energized, happy?
- Keep doing your breathing
- Keep up your good sleeping habits
- Keep up your 10min a day, 5 days a week cardio
One week left to enter! To coincide with ZENandTECH 4: Exercism, we're giving away a barely used, mint-condition Nintendo Wii (we review a lot of stuff we never have a chance to use later). One lucky listener will get to work out, and have fun, with Wii Sports and a bunch of other active, exciting games.
All you have to do to enter is head on over to iTunes and give ZENandTECH a review. (We'd love 5 stars, but that's not a requirement!)
Because iTunes doesn't provide contact info, once you've posted your review, just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which one is yours. We won't make your email public, but we will use it to contact you if you win!
And hey, if you already have a Wii, enter anyway. You can give it to a loved on or friend, a child or grandparent, anyone who would benefit from staying healthy and having fun!
That's it! Go enter!
This episode of ZEN and TECH is brought to you by the TiPb.com Store, your one stop shop for everything iPhone and iPad. Check out all the latest cases, cables, chargers, headsets and more at store.imore.com. Go get 'em.
Thanks everyone, you're the best community on the web and we love having you with us!
Please subscribe on iTunes and leave a rating, it means a lot to us!
While Georgia is a therapist, she's not YOUR therapist. Everything said or implied on this show is for informational and entertainment purposes only. And shouldn't be taken in any way as a replacement for proper, professional care.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple's latest macOS Big Sur beta mentions three unreleased Macs
The latest macOS Big Sur beta appears to reference three new, unreleased Macs. Could these be related to Apple silicon?
Review: This is the iPhone 12 you're looking for
The iPhone 12 is a complete redesign over the iPhone 11 and X before it, but is this the year to upgrade? Is a flat edge worth all this hubbub?
Watch 83 minutes of Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman riding their bikes
Long Way Up is available to stream on Apple TV+ right now, but this teaser is all-new footage.
Automate your viewing habits with the best HomeKit TVs
HomeKit TVs are finally here, and they are awesome! Take your viewing experience to the next level with the best HomeKit TVs that are available now.