iPhone and iPad by the numbers
During the WWDC 2010 keynote today, Steve jobs did his usual
bragging announcement of the numbers for devices sold, apps downloaded, percent market share, etc.
- 2 million iPads sold (one every 3 seconds)
- iPad available in 10 countries, 19 countries in July
- 8500 iPad apps in the App Store. These apps have been downloaded over 35 million times which is about 17 apps per iPad.
- iBooks sold 5 million books in the first 65 days. That's about 2 and a half books per iPad.
- iBooks is responsible for 22% of eBook sales
- Over 225,000 apps in App Store
- 5 billion downloads from the App Store
- Apple has paid out 1 billion dollars to developers
- Receive 15,000 app submissions per week. 97% of them are approved within 7 days.
- Nielsen reports that smartphone market share is the following: 35% RIM, 28% iPhone, 19% Windows, 9% Android, 9% other.
- US mobile usages breakdown: 58.2% iPhone, 22.7% Android, 12.7% RIM, 6.4% other.
- 150 million credit card accounts between iTunes, App Store, and iBookstore - biggest on the web.
- iAds are projected to represent 48% of the mobile advertising market in the second half of 2010.
Are you impressed with any of these numbers?
[image via gdgt]