During the WWDC 2010 keynote today, Steve jobs did his usual
bragging announcement of the numbers for devices sold, apps downloaded, percent market share, etc.
- 2 million iPads sold (one every 3 seconds)
- iPad available in 10 countries, 19 countries in July
- 8500 iPad apps in the App Store. These apps have been downloaded over 35 million times which is about 17 apps per iPad.
- iBooks sold 5 million books in the first 65 days. That's about 2 and a half books per iPad.
- iBooks is responsible for 22% of eBook sales
- Over 225,000 apps in App Store
- 5 billion downloads from the App Store
- Apple has paid out 1 billion dollars to developers
- Receive 15,000 app submissions per week. 97% of them are approved within 7 days.
- Nielsen reports that smartphone market share is the following: 35% RIM, 28% iPhone, 19% Windows, 9% Android, 9% other.
- US mobile usages breakdown: 58.2% iPhone, 22.7% Android, 12.7% RIM, 6.4% other.
- 150 million credit card accounts between iTunes, App Store, and iBookstore - biggest on the web.
- iAds are projected to represent 48% of the mobile advertising market in the second half of 2010.
Are you impressed with any of these numbers?
[image via gdgt]