AT&T has just announced some upcoming changes to their data plans for iPhone and iPad -- and smartphones and tablets in general -- that will go into effect as of Sunday, Jan. 22.
The new smartphone plans include:
- AT&T Data Plus 300MB: $20 for 300MB
- AT&T Data Pro 3GB: $30 for 3GB
- AT&T Data Pro 5GB: $50 for 5GB, with mobile hotspot / tethering
iPhone customers needing additional data can pay $10 per additional gigabyte on the AT&T Data Pro 3GB and Data Pro 5GB plans; AT&T Data Plus users will receive an extra 300MB for $20.
The new tablet plans include:
- AT&T DataConnect 3GB: $30 for 3GB
- AT&T DataConnect 5GB: $50 for 5GB
Current customers won't be required to change to their already existing data plans. In other words, they're not enforcing anyone onto the new plans... yet. However; if you find any of the new plans better then what you have now, you can up customer care and make the switch as of Jan 22.