Daily Tip: How to turn on AirPlay Mirroring
Wondering how to turn use AirPlay Mirroring on your new iPhone 4S or iPad 2? Air Play Mirroring is one of the great features of iOS 5 and enables you to mirror your screen on your second generation Apple TV. Here's how to get it started.
First off we need to make sure AirPlay is enabled on the Apple TV
- Go into Settings
- Turn on AirPlay
Now we have done that, grab your iPhone 4S or iPad 2
- Make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV
- Double Click the Home Button
- Swipe twice from left to right in the fast app switching task bar
- Click on the AirPlay icon which looks like a rectangle with an arrow pointing up
- Select your Apple TV and turn the toggle switch on for Mirroring
Thats it, you should now see your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 screen on your Apple TV.
Enjoy this awesome new feature!
Daily Tips range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)