How to add friends to Game Center on iPhone and iPad
Game Center is a great way to play multiplayer games on your iPhone and iPad with existing friends as well as play with new ones. If you have a friend who you'd like to be able to play against and you have a lot of the same games in common, you can add them as a friend in Game Center which makes it easy to create a match up any time you'd like.
Follow along and we'll show you how.
- Launch the Game Center app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- In the bottom navigation menu, tap on the Friends tab.
- You can add people under the recommendations section or to add someone specific, tap the plus sign in the upper left hand corner.
- Here you can type in their Game Center ID if you know it or their email address. You can also customize the message they will receive if you'd like.
- Now tap the Send button in the upper right hand corner. The recipient will now receive a notification that you've requested to add them. If they don't already have Game Center, they'll be emailed an invitation to create a login.
That's all there is to it. Now you'll just have to wait for the person on the other side of the invite to accept it!