How to use a ridiculous workaround to get iTunes Extras to play on your Apple TV
Apple, sadly, hasn't seen fit to release iTunes Extras for the Apple TV, despite it being wickedly obvious that's where they'd be of the most value. Instead, if you like iTunes Extras and you want to watch them on your Apple TV and big screen HDTV as nature intended, you have to use this ridiculous workaround.
How to AirPlay iTunes Extras to your Apple TV
- Open iTunes on the desktop.
- Click on Movies.
- Click on List.
- Find the movie you want to watch.
- Go to the iTunes Extras listing immediately beneath it.
- Click on the iCloud download icon.
- Once the iTunes Extras have finished downloading, double click to launch the iTunes Extras menu
- Select the video content you want to watch and double click on it.
- Once the video content starts playing, click on the AirPlay icon and select your Apple TV. (Apple prevents the screen capture of DRM content, so ugly photo we get!)
- Watch your iTunes Extras on your Apple TV. Finally.
Yup, that's what it currently takes to watch iTunes Extras on the Apple TV. Like an animal. Kinda makes you wish Apple execs were bigger movie buffs, doesn't it?
How to get more help with your Apple TV
If you need any additional help or have specific questions check out our Apple TV Forum!