Apple has seeded a new beta version of Safari to developers today. The beta covers versions 8.0.1, 7.1.1, and 6.2.1 for OS X Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion.
Apple has asked that developers focus on testing these key areas as part of the beta process:
- General website compatibility
- Extension compatibility
- WebGL graphics on Retina displays
- Password AutoFill when passwords are synchronized across multiple devices
- Syncing history between devices (OS X Yosemite only)
- Importing usernames and passwords from Firefox (OS X Yosemite only)
Furthermore, Thunderbolt Displays have nabbed an update today, bringing the firmware up to version 1.2. The update fixes an issue that would cause the display to go black, and improves Thunderbolt's reliability when connecting to other devices.