Gizmodo: More (and Less) on the Apple iTablet
Gizmodo honcho Brian Lam claims to have received a cryptic call with nebulous details on the much-rumored Apple iTablet, shedding light and casting in shadow at the same time. Highlights:
- Lam believes the source is in a position to know about the iTablet
- The source implies he or she has sat in meetings about the device
- 10 inch screen
- Looks just like a big iPhone (though that may change)
- 2 versions: with webcam and without (for education?)
- $700 - $900 price tag
- May function as secondary touchpad/screen for Macs
- OS is still big question mark
- Super-secret Lam-Googled product code name that "made sense"
So, do we know more now... or less?
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.