One of the big selling points of the new Apple TV is games—and multiplayer games, to boot. Popular iOS app Crossy Road launched a multiplayer mode alongside the new Apple TV, allowing two players to pit pixel-creature against pixel-creature on the big screen.
If you're scratching your head a bit trying to activate this mode, you're not alone. Luckily, we've put together a quick tutorial on setting up the multiplayer madness so you can pixel-jump your way to freedom—or destruction.
How to turn on Crossy Road multiplayer on the Apple TV
- Open Crossy Road on your TV.
- Go to the character picker, then scroll to the far left for multiplayer mode. (You'll need at least one character unlocked to open the character picker; if you don't have any unlocked, just play a solo game or two!)
- On your iOS device, download and open Crossy Road, and tap the arrow in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the game controller icon.
- You should be connected after a few moments; you'll see a P2 or P1 in the top right corner to signify the multiplayer connection.
- Have fun playing with pixels!
How to Troubleshoot Crossy Road multiplayer
Can't get your iPhone to recognize Crossy Road's multiplayer mode? Try this troubleshooting tip.
- Go to the Home screen on the Apple TV.
- Double-press the Home button on the Apple TV to enter the multitasking interface.
- Scroll to the Crossy Road icon and swipe up to force quit.
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
- Re-launch Crossy Road and follow the instructions above.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.