MobileMe Update Coming June 17: Find my iPhone, Remote Wipe, iDisk Mobile, File Sharing, Public Folders
As part of the WWDC keynote today, Apple announced new features for their MobileMe service as it pertains to the iPhone:
- Find my iPhone shows map location
- Find alerts sends text or sound to advise of lost iPhone or help find it
- Remote wipe lets you clear data from a lost iPhone, or restore it via login or iTunes
- Mobile iDisk App gives access to viewable files right on your iPhone
- File sharing lets you send links to files via email with access control
- Access public folders lets you share files on your friends' iDisks
Like iPhone 3.0, the MobileMe updates will be available June 17.
[Thanks Cody for the tip!]
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.