Student Makes iPod Explode During Class
A high school student had her iPod explode on her desk yesterday and luckily not a single student was injured. This is not the first time we've heard of exploding iPods or iPhones but this particular case seems to be a little different so don't be so quick to blame Apple. Gizmodo points out that another student has told the true story.
blockquote>"The iPod did not just explode. It was broken so a kid took the entire thing apart and was rubbing wires against the battery, which became very hot, then exploded. This is not a faulty product that caused a danger to people. This was bored kids, in a classroom with a substitute all week, who found a dangerous way to entertain themselves."
Moral of the story, if you don't know what you are doing and it can be dangerous... don't do it!
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Your source for all things Apple