Super Mario 3D All-Stars: How to find all 120 Stars in Super Mario 64
Gather all of those shining Stars in and around Peach's castle.
Course 3: Jolly Roger Bay
From the castle's front door, head to the door on the far right that has a 3 on it. In the next room, you'll see a painting with a sunken ship. Jump into the painting to begin the level. Continue reading to learn how to get all of the Jolly Roger Bay Stars.
Star 1: Plunder in the Sunken Ship
Jump into the water and swim until you find a sunken ship. Dive down and swim directly in front of the eel poking out from it, but don't touch it as it will hurt you. Now swim towards the front of the ship. The eel will move away leaving an opening for you to swim through. Head to the surface to replenish your breath and then swim into the ship.
When inside, you'll see a group of four chests. They must be opened in a specific order. First, open the one you see as you enter then turn around and open the left, right, and finally the center chests. The water will now drain from the ship.
As it's draining, quickly swim toward the highest platform at the back of the ship. If you weren't able to make it to the top before the water drained, jump up the platforms. When you reach the top platform, hit the Yellow ! Block to get your Star.
Star 2: Can the Eel Come out to Play?
The eel has changed locations and is now poking its head out from a cave in the depths. Swim in front of it to get it to come out. A Star will be located on its tail. Swim to it to collect it.
Star 3: Treasure of the Ocean Cave
The ship will now be floating on the water. Dive down into the depths below it and enter the cave. Jump out into the dry cavern and avoid the falling rock pillars as you make your way towards the four treasure chests in the back.
You'll get injured if you don't open them in the correct order. Open them in this order: Back, left, right, front. You'll earn a Star for doing so.
Star 4: Red Coins on the Ship Afloat
Here's where to find all Red Coins at Jolly Roger Bay.
- From the entrance, dive directly down and wait for the clam shell to open revealing a Red Coin.
- Swim straight forward to find another Red Coin in a clam shell.
- Go forward and dive into the depths. Yet another Red Coin will be located in a clam shell.
- Head to the surface and make your way to the pink Bob-omb. There's a clam shell in the water below it that has a Red Coin.
- There's a pole next to the pink Bob-omb. Climb to the top to get a Red Coin.
- Talk to the pink Bob-omb to get it to open the cannon. Jump into the cannon and shoot yourself at the boat. Grab a Red Coin at the back of the boat
- Grab the other Red Coin next to the one above.
- The final Red Coin is located at the front of the boat.
The Star will appear at the back of the boat once you've collected all of the Red Coins.
Star 5: Blast to the Stone Pillar
Head to the cannon in front of you and jump in. While aiming, you'll see two poles coming out of the water a few feet ahead of you. Shoot yourself to the left pole. Now climb to the top and jump onto the cliff. Hit the Yellow ! Block to get a Star.
Star 6: Through the Jet Stream
You will need to have unlocked the Green ! Block to get this Star. The Green ! Block is unlocked at Hazy Maze Cave. Hit the Green ! Block near where you entered the level to turn into Metal Mario. Now make your way to the jet stream at the bottom of the ocean. Walk through the jet stream and touch the Star.
The Cheat: Once more dive into the water and make your way into the depths. A Star is hovering over a grate within a jet stream on the ocean floor. To get it you'll need to be aware of your button timing. Press the A button at the end of Mario's swimming stride instead of mashing the buttons too quickly. Continue to do this until Mario makes his way to the Star.
Star 7: 100 Coin Power Star
You'll need to collect 100 Coins to get this Star. Here are some tips on how to do that.
- Upon entering the level, immediately head left. There's a Yellow ! Block with three Coins in it.
- Dive down immediately from where you enter the level to see a ring of eight Coins.
- Gather all of the Red Coins to easily grab 16 coins in total.
- Head to the raised section just North of the pink Bob-omb and you'll see five Coins stacked vertically in the air.
- Jump up on the cliff to the North of the pink Bob-omb and you'll find a Purple ! Button. Step on it to make a temporary bridge appear. There are 15 Coins to collect in this area.
- You'll find eight Coins making a ring around the stone pillar that you face when you first enter the level.
- Dive down into the depths and head towards the underwater cave. There are eight Coins in a ring floating in front of it.
- Enter the underwater cave and ground-pound on the Blue Coin button to the right. Six Blue Coins will appear valued at five Coins each. Quickly gather them up before they disappear for a total of 30 Coins.
- Enter the underwater cave and head to the back of the cavern. There are eight Coins for you to collect.
- Jump on each of the three Goombas in the underwater cavern to earn three Coins.
Current page: Course 3: Jolly Roger BayPrev Page Course 2: Whomp's Fortress Next Page Course 4: Cool, Cool Mountain
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Gaming aficionado Rebecca Spear is iMore's dedicated gaming editor with a focus on Nintendo Switch and iOS gaming. You’ll never catch her without her Switch or her iPad Air handy. If you’ve got a question about Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, or just about any other Nintendo series check out her guides to help you out. Rebecca has written thousands of articles in the last six years including hundreds of extensive gaming guides, previews, and reviews for both Switch and Apple Arcade. She also loves checking out new gaming accessories like iPhone controllers and has her ear to the ground when it comes to covering the next big trend.