Super Mario 3D All-Stars: How to find all 120 Stars in Super Mario 64
Gather all of those shining Stars in and around Peach's castle.
Course 4: Cool, Cool Mountain
From the main castle entryway, enter the room on the left with a number 3 on it. You'll see a painting with snowmen on it. Jump into the painting to begin the level. Keep reading to see how to get all of the Stars at Cool, Cool Mountain.
Star 1: Slip Slidin' Away
Jump into the cottage chimney that you see upon entering the level and you'll find yourself facing a slope. Race down the frozen slope. Be careful not to fall off as you twist and turn. If you successfully make it to the end and exit the cottage, you'll earn a Star.
Star 2: Li'l Penguin Lost
Jump up to the cliff behind the cottage and you'll see a small penguin walking around. Pick it up and then head to the left and slide down the mountain until you make your way to a bridge with two snowmen jumping along it. Without dropping the penguin or touching the snowmen, make your way across the bridge (go under the snowmen while they're in the air).
Next, head down the wooden ramp until you see a large penguin in a small pool of water. Return the little penguin to the large one to get a Star.
Star 3: Big Penguin Race
Enter the cottage chimney once more. This time, you'll see the adult penguin waiting to race you. Beat the penguin to the finish line without falling off and you'll earn a Star.
Star 4: Frosty Slide for 8 Red Coins
You'll need to collect all eight Red Coins to get this Power Star.
- Jump on top of the tree in front of the cottage to get the first Red Coin.
- Head back to the slope and continue sliding down. A Red Coin will be nestled against the mountain on your left as you begin to slow down.
- Make your way across the snowman bridge. You'll see a broken bridge in the distance. Carefully walk to the end of it to get another Red Coin.
- Head down the rest of the way and go as far away from the adult penguin as you can. There's a Red Coin hidden against the cliff.
- Head back towards the adult penguin and you'll see a floating platform to the right that you can reach via a bridge. Collect the Red Coin that is floating there without slipping.
- You'll see a Red Coin floating in the air above a tree near the adult penguin.
- Jump onto the trolley near the adult penguin. There's a pink Bob-omb on a small floating island. Jump on the island and talk to the Bob-omb to make the cannon accessible. Wait for the lift to come back and then use it to go up. A Red Coin is waiting for you at the top.
- Enter the cannon at the top of the lift and shoot yourself at the frozen waterfall above. Walk behind the waterfall and pick up the last Red Coin.
The Star will appear below you across the broken bridge. You'll need to long jump from one side to the other to reach it.
Star 5: Snowman's Lost His Head
Jump up behind the cottage where the little penguin is walking around and then head left. There's a large snowball on a pillar. Land next to it and it will ask you to bring it to a snowman head. Carefully navigate down the mountain slope and lead it to the snowman head on the platform.
Star 6: Wall Kicks Will Work
Head down the slope until you see the Snowman's head on the platform. There's a Spindrift with pink flowers on its head nearby. Jump on its head and then slowly glide down off the side. You'll see a place to land below you. Float down to this area. Head up the platforms and cross the ice bridge to locate this Star.
Star 7: 100 Coin Power Star
You'll need to collect 100 Coins at Cool, Cool Mountain to get this Star. Here are some tips to help.
- There are five Coins heading into the cottage chimney.
- Gather the Red Coins to quickly add 16 Coins to your total.
- Race down the frozen slope inside the cottage. A Blue Coin is bouncing along the path along with various Coins strewn throughout. If done right, you can gain as many as 77 Coins while going down this slide.
- While sliding down the mountain, there's a section where the slope makes a sharp u-turn. If you jump up on the cliff here, you'll see a Blue Coin Button. Ground-pound on it to make two Blue Coins appear behind you, which adds 10 Coins to your total.
- Sliding down the mountain starting from behind the cottage can result in as many as 20 Coins.
The Star will appear at the base of the exterior mountain slide.
Current page: Course 4: Cool, Cool MountainPrev Page Course 3: Jolly Roger Bay Next Page Course 5: Big Boo's Haunt
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Gaming aficionado Rebecca Spear is iMore's dedicated gaming editor with a focus on Nintendo Switch and iOS gaming. You’ll never catch her without her Switch or her iPad Air handy. If you’ve got a question about Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, or just about any other Nintendo series check out her guides to help you out. Rebecca has written thousands of articles in the last six years including hundreds of extensive gaming guides, previews, and reviews for both Switch and Apple Arcade. She also loves checking out new gaming accessories like iPhone controllers and has her ear to the ground when it comes to covering the next big trend.