Daily Tip: How to download previously purchased apps, songs, and books in iTunes
Heard about Apple's iCloud beta and wondering how you can use it to download all your previously purchased apps, songs, and books in iTunes? Well you're in luck, because with iTunes 10.3, it's easy (although music is currently limited to US users only. Sigh.) Read on to find out how, after the break.
Here's how to re-download your apps, music, and books:
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Find the Quick Links section in the store toolbar at the top right
- Click on the Purchased link
- Navigate through your app, music, and book purchases
- You can choose between complete purchase history for each category, or Not in my Library to see just what's missing on your machine
- Click the iCloud button next to anything you want to pull back down to your local library, or click Download All to restore everything you've ever bought.
Welcome to the cloud!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)