Maps gives you numerous ways to get directions, including straight from your contacts.
While you can always search for the places you want to go, if you have a personal or business address stored in your Contacts app, it's only ever a few taps away. There's no need to switch apps, and no need to search. As long as you have the street name and number, and city and state stored on your iPhone or iPad, Maps will have you on your way in no time!
How to get directs to any stored address right from the Maps app
- Launch the Maps app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the search field at the top.
- Tap on Favorites.
- Tap on Contacts in the bottom navigation.
- Find the contact you'd like directions to and tap on their name — notice that entries you don't have addresses saved for will be greyed out.
- Tap on the car icon in the map view.
- Tap on Start at the bottom to begin navigation.