Apple Pay, which lives inside the Wallet app, keeps all your credit cards, debit cards, store cards, and loyalty cards safe and secure on your iPhone or iPad. With Apple Pay you can use your Apple Card, Visa, Mastercard, American Express card, or Discover Card at any store that accepts tap-to-pay, or in any app that incorporates it. With Wallet, you can also board a plane, scan for your coffee, get into a movie or concert, accumulate loyalty points, and more. All right from your lock screen or with the tap of an icon.
- Looking for help with Apple Pay on Apple Watch? Here's what you need to know!
- Looking for help with Apple Pay on your phone? Here's what you need to know!
What's new with Apple Pay?
Say hello to Apple Card
In 2019, Apple introduced its long-awaited credit card. Simply called Apple Card, the traditional credit card has a mobile home in the Wallet app on iOS. From here, you can use it just like any other Apple Pay-supported card.
How to set up Apple Pay
Apple Pay lets you make in-store purchases with your iPhone, and online purchases with your iPhone or iPad, with just a touch of the Home button and a scan of your fingerprint. It makes credit and debit card purchases easier and more secure. All you have to do is set it up and start using it!
- How add a card to Apple Pay
- How to authorize a card for Apple Pay
- How to change the default card for Apple Pay
- How to remove a card from Apple Pay
- How to troubleshoot cards for Apple Pay
How to manage Apple Pay
Buying with Apple Pay is incredibly convenient, but it's even more convenient if things like your shipping address are properly set up and ready for you in advance. Once you've made the purchase, being able to see your transactions, both recent and detailed, means never having to wonder about a purchase or wait for a statement again.
- How to manage your shipping address for Apple Pay
- How to view recent Apple Pay transactions with Wallet
- How to view detailed Apple Pay transactions with Settings
- How to return a purchase in-store with Apple Pay
- How to allow payments on Mac with Apple Pay on iPhone
How to use Wallet
Wallet— formerly known as Passbook — is Apple's digital answer to manage the cards that are overfilling your purse, wallet, and pockets. Location-aware, Wallet can conveniently present appropriate cards for you right on the lock screen whenever you get close to your coffee shop or airport. Always connected, Wallet can even update your balance or gate number in real time so you always know how much you have or where you need to be.