It's the Season of Light in Pokémon Go and with it comes the Evolving Stars event. You won't want to miss out on the chance to evolve Cosmog into Cosmoem for the first time. This event also features a Mega Gyarados raid day, event exclusive Field Research, a Collection Challenge, and more.
What is the Evolving Stars event in Pokémon Go?
Part of the Season of Light, the Evolving Stars event is the next step in Cosmog's journey. This event, as the name suggests, is focused on evolution. Players can complete the next part of the season's Special Research line to learn more about their Cosmog and even evolve it into a Cosmoem. Players can also earn Mega Energy and Evolution Items by completing event exclusive Field Research, and of course, catch lots and lots of Pokémon! You're going to want to stock up on lots of items for this event, so be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories so you can be fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!
When is the Evolving Stars event in Pokémon Go?
The event runs from Wednesday, October 5 through Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
*Pokémon with the potential to be Shiny are indicated with an asterisk.
During the event, the following Pokémon can be found more often in the wild:
During the event, players can challenge the following Pokémon in raids:
- Slowpoke* (one star)
- Onix* (one star)
- Scyther* (one star)
- Porygon* (one star)
- Sunkern* (one star)
- Magneton (three star)
- Rhydon (three star)
- Togetic* (three star)
- Piloswine (three star)
- Xerneas* (five star)
- Yveltal* (five star)
- Mega Manectric* (Mega)
- Mega Lopunny* (Mega)
- Mega Gyarados* (Mega)
During the event, players can spin PokéStops and Gyms to collect the following event exclusive Field Research tasks:
- Evolve a Pokémon for 200 Stardust
- Evolve three Pokémon for 2000 Stardust
- Power up Pokémon seven times for 25 Aerodactyl Mega Energy
- Power up Pokémon seven times for 25 Kangaskhan Mega Energy
- Power up Pokémon seven times for 25 Steelix Mega Energy
- Power up Pokémon seven times for 25 Ampharos Mega Energy
- Power up Pokémon seven times for 25 Gyarados Mega Energy
- Power up Pokémon seven times for 25 Altaria Mega Energy
- Catch three Eevee for 20 Eevee Candy
- Spin ten PokéStops or gyms for a Dragon Scale
- Spin ten PokéStops or gyms for a King's Rock
- Spin ten PokéStops or gyms for a Sun Stone
- Spin ten PokéStops or gyms for a Metal Coat
- Spin ten PokéStops or gyms for an Upgrade
- Spin 15 PokéStops or gyms for a Sinnoh Stone
- Spin 20 PokéStops or gyms for an Unova Stone
During the event, players can complete the next part of the season long Special Research line. Follow along as you learn more about your Cosmog and evolve it into Cosmoem for the first time! And don't worry about evolving your only Cosmog. Niantic assures that players will have the opportunity to encounter more Cosmog in the future.
A Cosmic Companion page four
- Catch a Pokémon for 789 XP
Completion Rewards: 25 Cosmog Candy, 3000 XP, 1000 Stardust
A Cosmic Companion page five
- Complete five Field Research tasks for a Baltoy encounter
- Power up Pokémon ten times for a Staryu encounter
- Evolve Cosmog for 1000 Stardust
Completion Rewards: 25 Cosmog Candy, 1000 XP, 750 Stardust
A Cosmic Companion page six
- Complete ten Field Research tasks for an Elgyem encounter
- Power up Pokémon ten times for a Staryu encounter
- Walk 5km for a Girafarig encounter
Completion Rewards: 25 Cosmog Candy, 2000 XP, 750 Stardust
A Cosmic Companion page seven
- Earn 15 hearts with your Buddy Pokémon for a Kirlia encounter
- Hatch an egg for a Staryu encounter
- Catch 20 different species of Pokémon for 25 Great Balls
Completion Rewards: ten Poké Balls, 3000 XP, 1500 Stardust
This event features four Collection Challenges all focused on evolving Pokémon to earn even more Evolution Items.
Evolving Stars: Eevee Challenge
- Evolve an Eevee into a Vaporeon
- Evolve an Eevee into a Jolteon
- Evolve an Eevee into a Flareon
Completion Rewards: Metal Coat, Upgrade
Evolving Stars: Trade Challenge
- Evolve a Haunter into a Gengar
- Evolve a Kadabra into an Alakazam
Completion Rewards: Dragon Scale, Sun Stone, King's Rock
Evolving Stars: Sinnoh Challenge
- Evolve a Rhyhorn into a Rhydon
- Evolve a Swinub into a Piloswine
- Evolve a Ralts into a Kirlia
- Evolve a Duskull into a Dusclops
Completion Rewards: two Sinnoh Stones
Evolving Stars: Unova Challenge
- Evolve a Tynamo into an Eelektrik
- Evolve a Litwick into a Lampent
Completion Rewards: two Unova Stones
During the event, players can also purchase the following bundles in the PokéShop:
- Trainee box: King's Rock, Unova Stone, Dragon Scale, and ten Pinap Berries for 499 PokéCoins
- Voyager box: five Incubators, four Super Incubators, two Premium Battle Passes, and a Star Piece for 1200 PokéCoins
- Journeyer box: six Incubators, ten Super Incubators, two Incenses, and two Poffins for 1900 PokéCoins
- Standard Raid box: three Premium Battle Passes, three Remote Raid Passes, and an Incubator for 525 PokéCoins
- Great Raid box: 12 Premium Battle Passes, three Remote Raid Passes, two Lucky Eggs, and ten Silver Pinap Berries for 1375 PokéCoins
- Ultra Raid box: 20 Premium Battle Passes, three Remote Raid Passes, ten Star Pieces, and ten Max Revives for 2200 PokéCoins
Mega Gyarados raid day
On Saturday, October 8, from 2 to 5 pm local time, there will be a Mega Gyarados raid day. During this mini event, players can enjoy the following:
- Mega Gyarados raids
- Up to five bonus Raid Passes by spinning gyms
- Increased Shiny rates for Gyarados
Don't miss the Evolving Stars event in Pokémon Go!
Whether you'll be battling all the raids, catching event exclusive Pokémon, or just focusing on evolving your Cosmog, the Evolving Stars event isn't one you'll want to skip out on. Be sure to check out the rest of our Pokémon Go guides so you can be the very best like no one ever was!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Casian Holly has been writing about gaming at iMore since 2019, but their real passion is Pokémon. From the games to the anime, cards and toys, they eat, sleep, and breathe all things Pokémon. You can check out their many Pokémon Go and Pokémon Sword and Shield guides and coverage here on iMore.