Garmin has announced a new version of its Vivosmart fitness tracker, the Vivosmart HR+. This time around, the company has added GPS to the tracker in addition to the existing heart rate sensors and more. In addition to tracking your location and heart rate, the Vivosmart HR+ will also track your steps, distance and pace, as well as how many calories you've burned and how many floors you have climbed.
Some of the other key features include:
- GPS tracks distance and pace while mapping out your run or walk
- Swim-friendly, sleek band is comfortable to wear all day, and the always-on touchscreen display shows your stats, even in sunlight
- Measures steps, distance, calories, floors climbed, activity intensity and heart rate on your wrist¹
- Receive full suite of smart notifications, which includes email, call, text, social media alerts and more — all from your wrist¹
- Auto sync to Garmin Connect™ Mobile to join fitness challenges, review data and receive smart coaching
As TechCrunch notes, you can pick one up directly from Garmin right now for $220. This makes for a great alternative to the larger watch-style options that include GPS for those who value the smaller design.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Tim Cook agrees to testify before House antitrust committee
Tim Cook has agreed to testify before a house antitrust committee alongside the CEOs of Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
Display analyst pours cold water on iPhone 12 Pro 120Hz display claims
Will iPhone 12 Pro have a 120Hz display? We thought so, but display analyst Ross Young says not.
Enhance Recording & more coming to Voice Memos in iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur
Apple announced plenty of new iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur features during WWDC, but one that didn't get any screen time was a new Enhance Recording feature in the Voice Memos app.
On a budget but still want a fitness tracker? We've got you covered.
Why spend $250 on something that you may accidentally destroy? You could buy 10 of the cheapest fitness tracker for that price!