Garmin has released their new navigation app for the iPhone, Garmin StreetPilot Onboard. It offers premium navigation at an affordable price and is the first iPhone navigation app to include multimodal pedestrian routing, with bus and train transit schedules in many major cities.
Garmin StreetPilot® onDemand brings the power of Garmin navigation to your iPhone® with rich navigation features for walking or driving, a simple and intuitive user interface, and an amazingly low price. Using your data connection, StreetPilot onDemand always has access to the most up-to-date maps for the U.S. and Canada so you can navigate with confidence whether you’re on foot or in the car. Install the app while you’re on-the-go and begin navigating in minutes.
StreetPilot onDemand includes 30 days of access to Premium Navigation with Traffic. After 30 days, you can still enjoy many navigation functions, or you can opt for a monthly or yearly subscription via in-app purchase. This subscription includes voice-guided navigation with automatic off-route recalculation, integrated real-time traffic, photoReal junction view, 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed limits and more.
- Navigate in the car with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including street names
- Access real-time traffic updates and see the estimated traffic delay along your route
- View speed limits for most major roads
- Know the correct lane before it’s too late with lane guidance and photoReal junction views
- Navigate while walking with routes that integrate public transportation into your itinerary
- See 3D buildings and landmarks for added awareness while navigating
Without a subscription, StreetPilot onDemand still offers many features:
- Get driving or walking directions to any destination and track your progress on the moving map
- Find new places to visit with suggestions based on your previous search history
- Have the latest maps for the U.S. and Canada, downloaded to your device on demand
- Browse maps you've recently viewed, even when outside of data coverage areas
- Look up points-of-interest (POIs) such as restaurants, gas stations, hotels and more with Google local search
- Navigate to contacts in your address book
- Show / hide POIs, favorites and suggestions on the map, including different POIs by category
- View weather conditions and forecasts
- Place calls directly from search listings
- Navigate in both portrait and landscape mode
- Pinch, pan, zoom, and rotate maps with full gesture support
- Listen to music while navigating with integrated iPod® music controls
- Access other apps on your device while navigating with multi-tasking support
Garmin StreetPilot onDemand is available on the iPhone for $0.99.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
You can own a former Apple CEO's California home for just $37.5 million
Former Apple CEO Mike Markkula might not be as infamous as Steve Jobs but he still managed to rack up enough cash to pick up a pretty swanky home in California. And it could be yours for a snip at just $37.5 million.
Eufy clears up HomeKit delay for its indoor cameras
Eufy has sought to clear up some confusion about HomeKit support for its Indoor Cam 2K and Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt hardware. It's still coming, and it'll have HomeKit Secure Video to boot.
Apple Music observing 'Black Out Tuesday' to support #BlackLivesMatter
Apple Music is running a 'Black Out Tuesday' campaign as part of #TheShowMustBePaused, raising awareness for Black Lives Matter.
Get the most out of every rep with fitness trackers for weight training
Check out these fitness trackers we picked with weight training in mind. Some of them will count your individual reps and track your weight lifting so you don't have to and some will use your heart rate and exertion levels to give you the most out of your personal metrics.