If you're the type of person that doesn't like to put a physical case on their iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S, the Golla line of pouches may be more up your alley. While you aren't using your iPhone they'll do a great job of protecting it as well as giving you a bit of storage space for things such as credit cards or an ID.
I took a look at two different kind of Golla pouches - the Golla Jacinda Smart Bag and the Golla Bay Pouch. The main difference I noticed between the two were the material type. The Bay Pouch had more of a corduroy feel to it while the Jacinda pouch was more of a mesh on the inside.
Both cases fit the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S extremely nicely. I felt like the fit wasn't loose enough that my iPhone would fall out but it wasn't tight to where it was a pain taking it in and out each time. I also liked the ability to keep my credit card, bank card, and ID in the front slot.
I hate carrying a purse so anytime I can get away with not having one, I do. This case made that possible. I found myself frequently using the carabiner to attach my phone to my belt loop or laptop bag. I thought this was extremely convenient. I never really found a use for the lanyard.
- Very nice fit with both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S
- I felt as if it honestly did protect the phone in most instances
- Great for anyone who wants to carry their device naked or with just a body shield
- Extra room for credit cards built into the case
- The included carabiner makes it super easy to clip the case onto virtually any bag or pair of pants
- A wide variety of colors, patterns, & styles to choose from
- Doesn't play nice with form fitting cases which will make the phone too thick to fit. Certain thinner cases seemed to work but thicker ones won't.
- Doesn't provide protection while you are actually using the device
- You will have to take the device out or put it in bottom up when you need to charge your iPhone
I'd recommend this case for anyone that typically prefers keeping their iPhone naked. If you use an actual form fitting case on your iPhone you'll most likely have to remove it in order for it to fit inside a Golla bag. This would probably go along nicely for those that use products like Wrapsol or InvisibleShield.
The Golla Bay Pouch and the Golla Jacinda Smart Bag are both available in the TiPb accessory store.
We're giving away a couple (2) of Golla bags! Just head on over to the TiPb iPhone accessory store Golla bag page, pick the one you like best, a
Ready... set... go!