Fine-tuning the audio on Apple TV can make a world of difference when playing music. Even if you've tweaked the audio preferences to perfection, there are still a couple of things you can do specifically in the Music app to enhance your listening experience.
- How to switch speaker output in the Music app on Apple TV
- How to perform a sound check in the Music app on Apple TV
How to switch speaker output in the Music app on Apple TV
While listening to music on Apple TV in the Music app, you can use a shortcut to switch speaker output. This way, if you can get the sound you want from the place you want it.
- Open the Music app.
- Play a Song.
- Press and hold the trackpad on the Siri Remote for one second while the song is playing to call up the options menu.
- Select Speakers.
- Switch to another speaker system that is connect to Apple TV.
How to perform a sound check in the Music app on Apple TV
Sound Check in the Music app on Apple TV scans the songs in your library and check for volume changes. It then uses the data to regulate volume control when you are playing songs. That way, a song you ripped off of a CD won't be louder or quieter than a song you've added from Apple Music.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Apps.
- Select Music under App Settings.
- Select Sound Check to toggle the switch on.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Lory is a renaissance woman, writing news, reviews, and how-to guides for iMore. She also fancies herself a bit of a rock star in her town and spends too much time reading comic books. If she's not typing away at her keyboard, you can probably find her at Disneyland or watching Star Wars (or both).