While there hasn't been an official announcement from Apple, it looks like that its 2016 Worldewide Developers Conference will take place June 13-17 in San Francisco. That is, at least, according to Siri, which will present those dates when asked.
These dates are a little later in June than has been typical for Apple in recent years. At this years conference, the company is expected to unveil the latest versions of its operating systems for iPhones, iPad, and Macs, along with new developer tools.
We'll be sure to keep you posted on an official announcement from Apple.
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Kicks Off June 13 in San Francisco
Developers Can Apply for Tickets Now & Millions Worldwide Can Watch Sessions Streamed Live
CUPERTINO, California — April 18, 2016 — Apple® today announced that it will hold its 27th annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), hosting the creative talent behind the world's most innovative apps, from June 13 through 17 in San Francisco. At WWDC, Apple's developer community comes together from all corners of the globe to learn about the future of Apple's four software platforms — iOS, OS X®, watchOS® and tvOS™.
Monday's kickoff events, including the keynote address, will be held at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. The rest of the week's conference sessions will take place at Moscone West.
"With four innovative operating systems and a new, intuitive programming language powering over 1 billion devices worldwide, there has never been a more exciting time to bring our developer community together," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "WWDC 2016 is going to be a landmark event for developers who are coding in Swift, and building apps and products for iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS. We can't wait for everyone to join us — in San Francisco or through the live stream."
Developers can apply for tickets via the WWDC website (developer.apple.com/wwdc/register/) now through Friday, April 22 at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Tickets will be issued to attendees through a random selection process, and developers will be notified on the status of their application by Monday, April 25 at 5:00 p.m. PDT. For the second consecutive year, there will be up to 350 WWDC Scholarships available, giving students and STEM organization members from around the world an opportunity to earn a ticket to meet and collaborate with some of the most talented developers of Apple's ever-growing app ecosystem (developer.apple.com/wwdc/scholarships/). Additionally, this year, we will provide travel assistance to up to 125 scholarship recipients to ensure aspiring developers with financial limitations have an opportunity to participate.
WWDC 2016 activities include:
- over 1,000 Apple engineers supporting more than 150 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS technologies in their apps;
- access to the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS, and best practices for enhancing an app's functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS developers from around the world — last year, 80 percent of developers attended for their first time, and in total, more than 70 countries were represented;
- a series of get-togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with trailblazers and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- the Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad®, Apple Watch®, Apple TV® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Worldwide Developers Conference sessions will be streamed live throughout the week via the WWDC website (developer.apple.com/wwdc/live/) and through the WWDC app, giving developers around the world access to the week's news and events.
Visit the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2016 website (developer.apple.com/wwdc/register/) to apply for a ticket, as well as for updates and more information.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple's four software platforms — iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple's 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.