EA recently lowered the price of roughly 70 of their iPhone and iPad App Store games to $0.99, now Gamevil and Namco have also reduced their prices and as the holiday iTunes Connect deadline fast approaches, more may follow. Mike Schramm from TUAW explains why:
Apple is freezing the charts on December 23rd, which means that any games in the top 200 at that time will remain there over the all-important Christmas holiday, the point at which we've seen the biggest jumps in App Store sales (due to all the new hardware out there under the tree).
So when everyone gets their brand new iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and heads over to the App Store to get their game on, those top selling, top free, and top grossing leaderboards are going to be marketing gold.
List of Namco [iTunes link] sales after the break. Now who's next?
- House of Glass – in-app purchase lowered to $2.99
- BIT.TRIP BEAT Blitz – in-app purchase levels lowered to $0.99
- BIT.TRIP BEAT - $0.99
- BIT.TRIP BEAT HD - $0.99
- Isaac Newton's Gravity - $0.99
- Mishap - $1.99
- Mishap for iPad - $1.99
- More Brain Exercise with Dr. Kawahsima - $1.99
- More Brain Exercise with Dr. Kawahsima HD - $1.99
- Mr. Driller - $0.99
- Ms. PAC-MAN - $1.99
- PAC-MAN - $1.99
- PAC-MAN for iPad - $1.99
- PAC-Match Party - $0.99
- PAC-Match Party HD - $0.99
- Pole Position: Remix - $0.99
- Pool Pro Online 3 - $0.99
- Pool Pro Online 3 for iPad - $0.99
- Star Trigon - $0.99
- Tamagotchi: 'Round the World - $0.99