Apple is launching a new version of the online MobileMe calendar web app, and much like they did with the new version of online mail, the design influence of the iPad app is unmistakable. Want in on the beta? Here's what you have to do:
To sign up, go to me.com/calendar and click "Request an invitation." You will receive an email notification when you have been added to the beta (we will add members in the order of their request over the coming weeks).
New features include:
- The aforementioned new, iPad-like UI.
- Shared calendars (for family and friends).
- Published calendars (for groups and teams).
- Event invitations with RSVPs (yes!).
- Based on CalDAV standard.
It's good to go on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Mac, with Outlook support for the PC coming soon.
So, how does it sound? Enough of an upgrade? Anything major still missing? Anyone get in on the beta yet?
Full feature descriptions after the break.