Dragon Quest VI is the latest Square Enix fantasy RPG to reach iPhone and iPad
Square Enix has released yet another game in its long running Dragon Quest fantasy role-playing series for the iPhone and iPad. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation is now available in the App Store for $14.99. Dragon Quest VI was originally released way back in 1995 for the Super Nintendo console in Japan and was later ported to work on the Nintendo DS in 2010. Here's what players can expect from the iOS version:
- Loyal Companions – On their travels, players will recruit a following of faithful friends in the riven realms, from wandering warriors to amnesiac teens. Faithful companions can be instructed to fight to bring down even the toughest enemies with ease.
- Master of Abilities - Heroes and their companions can complete vocational training at Alltrades Abbey to learn and master a multitude of spells and special abilities.
- The Slimopolis – Players can recruit, train and battle slimes in the Slimopolis to test their mettle in a series of arena battles with fabulous prizes on offer for any slime tough enough to emerge victorious.
- Slippin' Slime - For a break between battles, this slime-sliding mini-game challenges players to maneuver around perilous pitfalls and obstinate obstacles.
- The Casino – Players can try their hand at the poker tables and slot machines and exchange tokens for rare and unique prizes.
- $14.99 - Download now
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
I have been writing professionally about technology and gaming news for 14 years.