The Season of Go has arrived in Pokémon Go, bringing with it the Hisuian Discoveries event. Join in with your fellow trainers to explore the past of the Sinnoh region and discover ancient Hisuian variant Pokémon. We here at iMore have everything you need to know to get the most out of this new event and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories so you can be fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!
What is the Hisuian Discoveries event in Pokémon GO?
During the Power Plant event in January, players were able to encounter the first Hisuian variant Pokémon in Pokémon GO. Now players will have the chance to catch, hatch, battle, and evolve even more Hisuian Pokémon. The Hisuian Discoveries event will serve as debut for Hisuian variants of Growlithe, Qwilfish, Sneasal, and Braviary, as well as the return of Hisuian Voltorb to the wild. Players will also be able to enjoy Ultra Unlock bonuses earned during Pokémon GO Fest: Seattle.
When is the Hisuian Discoveries event in Pokémon GO?
The Hisuian Discoveries event runs from Wednesday, July 27 through Tuesday, August 2, 2022.
Pokémon with the potential to be Shiny are indicated with an asterisk.
During the Hisuian Discoveries event, players can encounter the following Pokémon more often in the wild:
- Hisuian Voltorb
- Hisuian Qwilfish
The following Pokémon can be hatched from 7KM friend eggs picked up during the Hisuian Discoveries event:
- Hisuian Growlithe
- Hisuian Voltorb
- Hisuian Qwilfish
- Hisuian Sneasal
The following raids can be battled during the Hisuian Discoveries event:
- Sneasal* (one star)
- Roselia* (one star)
- Shinx* (one star)
- Unown (S)* (one star)
- Chansey* (three star)
- Togetic* (three star)
- Kirlia (three star)
- Whiscash (three star)
- Hisuian Braviary (during Raid Day)
Players can spin PokéStops and gyms during the Hisuian Discoveries event to earn the following event exclusive Field Research tasks:
- Catch ten Pokémon for a Psyduck* encounter
- Catch ten Pokémon for a Magnemite* encounter
- Use five berries to help catch Pokémon for a Rowlet encounter
- Use five berries to help catch Pokémon for a Cyndaquil* encounter
- Use five berries to help catch Pokémon for an Oshawott* encounter
- Hatch an egg for a Sneasal* encounter
- Battle in a raid for a Remoraid* encounter
- Battle in a raid for a Mantine* encounter
- Win a raid for a Shinx* encounter
- Send three gifts with stickers for a Clefairy* encounter
- Send three gifts with stickers for a Petilil encounter
- Send five gifts with stickers for a Burmy (Plant Cloak)* encounter
- Send five gifts with stickers for a Burmy (Sand Cloak)* encounter
- Send five gifts with stickers for a Burmy (Trash Cloak)* encounter
The Hisuian Discoveries event features the following Collection Challenge:
- Catch a Hisuian Voltorb
- Catch a Buizel
- Catch a Aipom
- Catch a Ponyta
- Catch a Drifloon
- Catch a Hisuian Qwilfish
- Catch a Tangela
- Catch a Onix
- Catch a Croagunk
- Catch a Bronzor
- Catch a Gible
- Catch a Octillery
Completion Rewards: Incubator, 7,000 XP, 3,000 Stardust
Players can enjoy the following additional bonuses during the Hisuian Discoveries event:
- Avatar items themed around Pokémon Legends: Arceus in the PokéShop
- Event themed stickers in the PokéShop, in gifts, and from spinning PokéStops
- Accelerated Friendship level increase
- Up to 45 gifts opened per day
- Up to 150 gifts sent per day
- Gift storage increased to 30
Hisuian Discoveries Raid Day
As a reward for completing Ultra Unlock Challenges during Pokémon Go Fest: Seattle, players earned a special raid day mini event during the Hisuian Discoveries event. On Sunday, July 31, from 11AM to 2PM local time, players can battle Hisuian Braviary in raids for the first time.
This special raid day also includes the following bonuses:
- Increased drop in Rare Candy XL from in person raids
- Additional 50% XP from winning raids
- Up to five free raid passes from spinning gyms
Questions about the Hisuian Discoveries event in Pokémon Go?
Do you have any questions about the Hisuian Discoveries event in Pokémon Go? Which Hisuian variant Pokémon are you most excited to add to your roster? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to check out the rest of our Pokémon Go guides so you too can become a Pokémon Master!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Casian Holly has been writing about gaming at iMore since 2019, but their real passion is Pokémon. From the games to the anime, cards and toys, they eat, sleep, and breathe all things Pokémon. You can check out their many Pokémon Go and Pokémon Sword and Shield guides and coverage here on iMore.